The Orthic Coil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thorne House Consortium

Go down

Thorne House Consortium Empty Thorne House Consortium

Post  Lilith'yia Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:19 pm

As has been mentioned, we've thrown together a guild for Republic-side. The basic concept, thus far, is of a sizable corporation owned by a Noble House, or member(s) of a noble family, which engages in many types of services - everything from financial to military solutions to smuggling, etc., etc. They are decidedly not pristine, but they are not meant to be a 'dark' or 'evil' guild, by any means. I would think that they maintain contacts in the shadow world and engage in some potentially less than ethical practices for the same reasons such may be engaged by a government.

The idea is to make the guild easily accessible to all types of characters.

Let's use this thread for further discussion/refinement of the concept, character and roleplay discussion, etc.

Questions, comments, ideas are all encouraged and welcomed.
Lilith'yia
Lilith'yia
Admin

https://orthiccoil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Thorne House Consortium Empty Re: Thorne House Consortium

Post  Lilith'yia Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Nesa replied to this thread on another site ...

Baronesa wrote:Here are some random ideas, i'll be throwing around...

I would think that... despite being loyal to the Republic and hating the empire... they are not above using illegal means to gain their goals (which in many cases may also further the Republic ones) like smuggling to Empire occupied territory.

If we want to add the kink side... although slavery is illegal on the republic... indentured servitude is not banned... could also help smuggling slaves from the empire to "freedom" of course some of those slaves may remain with the companies to "repay" their debts, and "willingly"

Since it has many companies, I can see the military focused ones constantly getting visits by Republic Military, or even have some representative attached to it as a liaison... for those of us playing a trooper and wanting to rp it as a trooper rather than as a generic merc.

Smugglers and pirates are an obvious asset for the companies, from corporate spies, to dealing with illegal goods, or working against the law to undermine the Empire (or even Hutt!) power on some sector.

Jedi could be drawn to help the Consortium due to either the actual or perceived "humanitarian" efforts the House makes... like smuggling slaves to freedom, or delivering aid to resistant groups. Both Knights and Consular could find a way to help the house and undermine the empire at the same time.

They could even engage in some minor training/mind control to ensure the loyalty or silence of those that deal with the House for longer periods... at least for those agreeable to the subject of minor MC (making them more loyal, less likely to question the House decisions or becoming more personally involved with their superiors...)

Well... that was some rambling there... feel free to shoot down all those ideas and propose more!
Lilith'yia
Lilith'yia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith'yia Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks, Nesa. I like to see brainstorming of ideas for both the Consortium and the Coil.

I would also think they are not above some illegal activities, or at the very least, unethical ones. I would suppose they have a sizable legal department that helps to exploit loopholes as well as other ways to distance themselves/bury trails of involvement with the underworld or illegal acts. I find it very exciting to delve into such things. Of course, as with many things, specifics and case-by-case may be the way to go.

For the kink side, I know there is a history of us involving ourselves with eRP and BDSM. I do not plan or intend to make all my characters as centered on this as was CO-Lilith, nor do I expect all the guilds we come up with to be so centered on it, either. I know a lot of you all like this to be central to many of your concepts, so as usual, I also do not expect it to be ignored or disallowed in any way. As far as the Consortium, no slavery. I feel this is important. Of course, as well all know from our time with the HoT, this does not at all preclude D/s stuff, but the Consortium should not condone actual slavery. If people want to RP it, fine, but if they are discovered, there will be consequences. Indentured servitude and other such "spins" could be fine depending on the details.

I like the idea of liaisons from the Republic, just like we RP'd a liaison from Imperial Intelligence working with the Coil. This is fine by me, if people do not want to distance their characters from being directly employed by the Republic's public sector. It also presents interesting political RP angles.

Pirates, smugglers, etc., etc. would all have dealings with the Consortium. They'd obviously not be "direct" employees, but yes, we'd need those. We'd also, as you point out, need Jedi. They would be great assets to have. Each character can determine how deeply involved/tied they are to the Consortium.

I am not sure about the Mind Control thing. I suspect the Consortium protects itself in other ways than needing to engage in Mind Control. That really seems to be going too deep into the 'evil' spectrum for me, just like the slavery thing.

Thanks again, Nesa. Let's keep the discussion going, and I would also love to see some for the Coil. I, personally, still plan to spend more time red side, than blue, but it is nice to have options.
Lilith'yia
Lilith'yia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum