The Orthic Coil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information on the Guild

Go down

Information on the Guild Empty Information on the Guild

Post  Lilith'yia Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:26 pm

I will be using this thread for information on the Guild.  I will begin by gathering pieces from the discussion we had on our other site prior to launch of TOR.  Feel free to add pertinent information as well as ask questions of the concept.

The Three Mothers

The Sith Triumvirate

The above are two of our main sources of inspiration.

[Darth Tenebrae] wrote:The premise is roughly based on Dario Argento's Three Mothers trilogy, with a Sith Academy putting forward the notion that, yes, power is less fun shared, but that the Jedi have plenty of power left, so let's not give it to them by fighting amongst ourselves more than necessary. The heads of the academy are comparatively young by Sith standards, and each has the ability to effortlessly eliminate one rival Mother, while simultaneously extremely vulnerable to the other. Fortunately, each has their own goals, which do not come into conflict with the others. [...]

[Lilith'yia] is taking the role of Mother of Tears (and, naturally, her own summary on this topic is more important than my own -- I'm going from memory here). The Mother of Tears is the most powerful of the three "Mothers" of the academy, and its public representative and face. Her students are typically the most outwardly ambitious, focusing on mastering their own abilities and pioneering new ones.  Her House color is blue.  Loosely based on Argento's "Mother of Tears."

I've called dibs on the character of Mother of Shadows, the cruelest of the three. Shadows is the more militant of the sisters, and the one most likely to directly take to the field against the hated Jedi. Due to her numerous wounds (or, some students whisper, her passions), Mater Tenebrarum has extensive cybernetic implants and replacement limbs and organs, to the point where she no longer remembers or cares of the original losses. Her students rarely volunteer for her house, but rather sent to her as punishment for making trouble. Tenebrarum drills her students mercilessly (and frequently literally -- she has a nest of torture tools embedded in her) to make them capable soldiers in the war. Those who survive her tutelage do not emerge unscarred, though some are fanatically loyal to her, claiming that while her punishments are terrible, her rewards are the greater for them. Her house color is yellow. Loosely based on Argento's "Inferno".

The Mother of Sighs is the wisest of the three, and the one who runs the school's day to day functions. The tenuous alliance with her "sisters" was her idea, and her sisters are fully aware that, left to her own devices and given reason, Sighs would likely claim the entire student body and oust her sisters. As such, the other two sisters typically keep close watch on her house and its immediate student allies. The house color is red, and the character is loosely based on Argento's "Suspiria". We don't have anyone in this position yet, but they would need to be active, and willing to leave the politics purely IC. >_>

The relationship between the sisters is not common knowledge among the student body. Some of them claim they were sisters in a religious order before joining the Dark Side. Others claim they are literal sisters. Some even believe the three are lovers. A few of the more daring students in the House of Sighs have gone so far as to suggest they are exactly as they appear, the titles and appellations used merely symbolic, and the stories circulated by the Mothers themselves to keep the students guessing.

I made a few changes to the above quote, but that is a nice intro.  We have made a few changes, and some of the above details may not be exact.

Inspiration for the name - Sanctuary of Artemis Orthia
Lilith'yia
Lilith'yia
Admin

https://orthiccoil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Information on the Guild Empty Re: Information on the Guild

Post  Lilith'yia Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Please feel free to look for the following people in-game for further information and possible RP:

Lilith'yia/Pelagie
Satyxes/Gemens
Valaria/Justia
Lilith'yia
Lilith'yia
Admin

https://orthiccoil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum