The Orthic Coil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play Times- Making Sure the Coil Meets

+3
Gar-rin
Lilith'yia
Phack
7 posters

Go down

Play Times- Making Sure the Coil Meets Empty Play Times- Making Sure the Coil Meets

Post  Phack Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:41 am

I've been pretty busy with work (as per usual), but I've logged on several times throughout the week, to find myself a sole, lonely Coil member with no one to talk to.

I think to ensure we actually have a guild and RP and fun, we should start talking about the times we're on, and possibly schedule a weekly meeting of some type. My schedule is biweekly, not allowing me to make every meeting each week, but it seems like a good step to ensuring this group doesn't dissolve.

My play times: Most weeks, I work 3-4 days, and can play anywhere from 3pm-7am Eastern or so. Usually I don't play that entire time, but I have the potential to be on anywhere within that range. The days I know I won't be able to meet up, generally, are Fridays and Saturdays, as I usually tabletop IRL on those days if not working.

Phack

Back to top Go down

Play Times- Making Sure the Coil Meets Empty Re: Play Times- Making Sure the Coil Meets

Post  Lilith'yia Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:34 pm

I have noticed that we seem to be having some difficulty with showings of the Coil. I rarely find myself the sole person on, but it is not unusual for there to be only me and one other.

My schedule has been very busy of late, and it is unfortunately cutting into my game time. Work has become more stressful and demanding than I have perhaps seen it in my entire career. My personal, home life (the details of which I shall not go into here) have also become rather more demanding that usual. "When it rains, it pours", or so wise people have said.

When we did the House of Thorns, we did have a large membership, but we managed to interact and be about sufficiently. I think other circumstances may be in play as to why we do not enjoy a decent crossover of playtime without even trying, and I am not sure scheduling a weekly meeting will help.

For what it is worth, I am usually on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings until noon-ish. However, I was not on this past Sunday at all, and the prior week did not see me logging into TOR at all, and I usually managed to find some time weeknights.

Let's see if we get more replies here, and we can discuss it further.
Lilith'yia
Lilith'yia
Admin

https://orthiccoil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Play Times- Making Sure the Coil Meets Empty Re: Play Times- Making Sure the Coil Meets

Post  Gar-rin Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:57 pm

I share with Phack the phenomena of logging on and being the only member of the Coil around. Personally it happens to me quite a bit, though it is understandable given my odd hours.

So far as my schedule goes it is mighty hectic, and life is turning upside down for me too at this point. I tend to log on at least for an hour a day, and usually late at night. These past couple of weekends, and perhaps the weekend coming up I will be free, but normally that is not the case. I am occupied Tuesday & Wednesday from 1PM to roughly 10PM, and try and log on after that. Thursdays I am either free until around 6PM, or gone the entire day. Friday through Sunday I am either off completely or gone the entire time. (My career either eats your whole weekend or you are off.) Mondays function as my one true "day off" though my times are still sporadic due to my needing to run or finish errands during those times. All of those times are Central, as well.

I think perhaps one of the things that might help this problem is just to continue to recruit people to the organization. Even the small number that we have it does become hard to coordinate all of those schedules to even have a few people on at a time just chatting, much less organizing a meeting (though I would make any and all effort I could to attend if one was held.)

Rest assured once I get Gar-rin to 50 I will start harassing people for RP more, as I plan to start developing some stories with him that I have brewing.

Gar-rin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bielduwyn Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:43 am

Well, I've been spending more time than usual on Progenitor lately, but I'll be sure to try and put more Lardass time in soon.

But typically I'm here between Friday & Monday, mornings and afternoons, but I'll be sure to try and make it during evenings during the weekend as well. Along with the occasional appearance Tue-Thur.

Bielduwyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Tenebrae Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:27 am

My own schedule's quite hectic -- I'm really only free for RP 9 AM - 11 AM Central most days, and maybe 11:30 PM - 2:30 AM. I'm almost entirely free Wednesdays, and Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm often available earlier.

Darth Tenebrae

Back to top Go down

Post  Satyxes Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Play times for me are ... well, "interesting" - but have been getting better.

The Euro-guild i've been putting a lot of time in has sort of imploded on the RP level, giving me very little incentives to log on there.
So that freed up time that I can spend here.

On average though, my game time coincides with american afternoon work hours (GMT+1) - and besides weekends, there's very little room for manoeuvering unless I stay up later then I should What a Face

I've been thinking about chiseling out a small nice for our RP in some RP hub like Kaas City, so that - even without guildmembers online, we can have some meaningful interactions on a less-then-opportunistic scale (not that there's anything wrong with that, but some long-term interactions can be quite rewarding).
Anyhow, haven't figured it out just yet, so feel free to stomp me on the head with ideas or comments.

Satyxes

Back to top Go down

Post  Vudase Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:16 pm

I've been frustratingly busy for the past while, but it should be cooling down around mid March or so. Once I can breathe without finding it irritating the guy in front of me, I'll be on more often, hahah and all that jazz.

But when I am on it's more likely to be on Monday/Sunday Evenings 9-11 (-3:30 GMT) and Saturday Evenings from 10 to whenever the hell (-3:30 GMT)

Vudase

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down